Job Location: Bangalore
The SAP Business Objects Report Developer helps define and deliver on business needs for canned reports, and dashboards as well as ad-hoc reporting capabilities while utilizing the SAP Business Objects platform.
- Develop and maintain Business Objects reports, universes, and metadata.
- Run unit testing and validation of Business Objects reports and universes.
- Develop report prototypes and review and fine tune report deliverables with team.
- Review requirements and translate into technical tasks to meet system specifications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on internal requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Consults with Product / Program Manager and end users to identify application requirements.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- 4 plus years of experience in reporting design and/or development using SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence, Designer, CMC/Security
- Any reporting design experience should include the equivalent of Universe design in SAP Business Objects platform.
- Proficient with SQL and Entity Relationship diagrams.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and principles.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Business Object reports, universe and metadata.
- Experience with developing report prototypes and fine tune report deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience with the identification of risks/issues and recommend mitigating actions.
- Professional experience in Agile based SDLC
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- Excellent business communications and consultative skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or 4 additional years in lieu of degree) in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems from a reputed institute
- PL/SQL scripting
- Data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) scripting
- Develop data queries for analysing source data
- Strong knowledge of database development and utilities (TOAD/SQL PLUS)
- Knowledge of ETL tools, preferably SAP Data Services
- Experience in data modelling and data architecture